My 2014 Summer Checklist

5:14 AM

I love lists. I think most teachers do. I tend to scribble them onto everything. My husband likes lists too, but he is more digital. I tend to need to actually write it. It just doesn't stick with me if it is in my phone.

But for this particular list, it's so long and ongoing, that I tend to keep it on a digital post-it on my desktop.

I share it with you here so that you can see what kind of things I'm thinking of over the summer. Let's see what ACTUALLY gets done. I tend to want to do more things than I can actually do!

Buy another Red Rollie Chair- I bought a red chair from IKEA last fall and I LOVE it. I find myself dragging it from my group meeting table to the front of my room. I need another. Let's see if I a. make it to IKEA, b. convince Mr. B to let me buy one. 
Spray Paint File Cabinets, rocking chair and mailboxes- All these are different colors. I would like to spray paint them all black so that everything is streamlined. 
Add Bulletin Board Above Cubbies- I have a large blank wall that I would love to add a BB to. I have put this on my Need/Want/Dream list and hopefully it will happen this summer!
Deep Clean/Organization of Library- This is going to take forever. I have over 1000 books. I started with over 800 last year and inherited at least 100 from the previous teacher. I've probably acquired at least 50 through Scholastic and my addiction to buying books. I'm estimating 1000, but they desperately need to be sorted.
Add Shelving to Cabinets
Trade Blue Table for Red- I have two red tables and 1 blue. It's making me nuts. I have my eye on a matching one in the kindergarten room. 
Lower Tables- my poor babies kept sitting on their feet all year. 
Make Chair Pockets with polka dot ribbon edging-  this probably won't happen but a girl can dream!
Add Poly Pellets to Bean Bags- Where do they all go?
Get another Polka Dot Rug- Another IKEA find. I want a matching on for my gathering spot. 
Tall Bucket for Big Books- I'm keeping my eyes peeled at Target!
Low Shelves Across Back of the Room for Library Books- The main goal of my classroom at all times is corralling the books. Our librarian got these gorgeous shelves built. I'm hoping to get them to make me some too!
Print Pretty Labels for Banker Boxes- just because.
Secure Book Labels to Baskets- the tape method this year just didn't work out. They were falling off all the time! Time for an overhaul.
Math Journals & Reading Journals- want to overhaul how I do these for next year. 
Magnets on Door Frame to Hold Bunting- One of those things you smack your head and say, Why didn't I think of that on my own?
Small Lamps for Classroom- Add a homey touch
Teacher Toolbox- Pinterest Envy. I think it will really help my teacher area feel tidy since I don't have  a desk. 
Birthday Pixie Sticks-  I'm terrible about being prepared for birthdays. I hope to prevent that this year!
Readjust Computer Station- This is already done! I recently got a projector installed, but they left the cables unsecured and hanging. A quick trip to Target fixed this one!
Bring At-Home Computers to School- I have had an old computer in storage this entire school year. I found it and want it out of my home office and in my classroom where it can be of use!
Create Listening/Computer Station- My technology was really lacking last year. I plan to really jumpstart it for next year!
Our Class Data Bulletin Board- I'll be doing a blog post on this later.
Line Clear Sterilite Drawers with Patterned Paper- gotta hide all my crap!

Am I the only one with a to-do list this long? What's the number one thing on your to do list? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images